The Subject Matter Expert involvement in a project will be variable based on the project schedule and required workload and the availability. The project is a collaborative effort that includes the design of learning content, assessments, and other additional learning resources. You must have a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Economics and three years of work experience in Economics or related field. A terminal degree and work experience in the subject or a related field is preferred. Higher education teaching experience, as well as previous experience in developing online courses for students, would be preferred.
- Master’s Degree required, Ph.D. preferred
- 3-5 years curriculum development experience required
- 3-5 years higher education level teaching background preferred
- Quality Matters training is preferred
The SME assignments are contract positions that are part-time, temporary or on an as-needed basis only. The SME is a remote project-based, 1099 contractor position.
Expectations from Subject Matter Experts
Subject Matter Expert Assignments: Online Course Development
- Audit of existing course and assignments using provided rubric to evaluate material and to make sure new lectures properly scaffold material.
- Content Creation:
- Subject topics to include:
- Overview of economics
- Applied, practical introduction to macroeconomics and microeconomics
- Understand how the American economy functions, and what impact changes in the economy may have on the individual and the organization, as well as the impact of the global economy
- How individuals and firms make economic decisions
- Understanding key concepts of supply, demand and pricing, as well as average and marginal costs and breakeven analysis
- Ensure the created content can be processed by Instructional designers into interactive lectures, simulations, online interactive labs, animated videos, quizzes, exams as well as course-wise and summative assessments
- Content has to be original in presentation, however, open source content can be used as well, and not infringe on any copyright
- Create rubrics for discussions, assignments, projects, research paper, and case studies
- Reviews of existing content, storyboards prepared by the Instructional Designers
- All material must conform to learning objectives and be mapped to them for final review of course materials.
To apply click here