Job Title: Manager – Industry Partnerships
Focus EduSolutions is dedicated to the development of powerful and engaging online degree programs with partnering institutions. We utilize technology as one of the tools to deliver on our mission which is workforce readiness degree programs. The development of online degree programs that focus on employability and workforce readiness is at the core of who we are and what we do. Aligning the competencies that the industry expects of employees with learning outcomes from our degree programs is the result of relationships we establish with industry partners. The Manager of Industry Partnerships will be an important conduit for establishing and maintaining the relationships we integrate into our development, deployment and continuous improvement model.
Strategic Industry Partnerships
In today’s global economy, it’s not enough to simply earn an education, students must be positioned for success. To do that, corporations and higher education must come together to ensure students truly are workforce ready! It is our goal to forge ahead and build the strongest relationships with colleges and universities resulting in long-term growth and success!
A Partner in Success
There are many reasons why students continue their education beyond high school. According to the Sodexo University survey, 73 percent of students state that they pursued a degree to improve their job opportunities. For this reason, strategic industry partnerships are a crucial part of ensuring students are ready for the rigors of the workplace. According to a study commissioned by the Association of American Colleges and Universities (AACU), the gap between skills employers seek, and the skills students have upon graduation are substantial. “When it comes to the types of skills and knowledge that employers feel are critical to workplace success, large majorities of employers do not feel that recent college graduates are well prepared.” (AACU).
To help overcome these discrepancies, we forge industry-specific partnerships that synergize with the curriculum and the content of the program. These relationships result in graduates who have achieved the competencies, which employers are looking for and graduates who are workforce ready. Another benefit of these partnerships is they provide a ready pool of degree candidates. When programs align with employer needs, they become fertile ground for employees seeking career advancement.
Job Role Definition
The Manager of Industry Partnerships is responsible for growing and maintaining key industry partnerships that require a continuous expansion of relationships and knowledge within the identified industry segments. This role is ideal for an individual who is naturally curious and is adept at building a network of relationships.
- Continuously research, learn, understand and engage with all key industry stakeholders in assigned business segments.
- Be a strong team player and actively develop relationships and opportunities within the industry segments to maximize current key partnerships and drive new partnerships.
- Stay current on industry employability issues and employment trends and communicate internally and externally with partnering institutions.
- Clearly communicate the issues and obstacles uncovered from industry partners that will lead to strong program development and meaningful competencies being developed.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to ensure a successful implementation roll-out and execution of key metrics.
- Demonstrate leadership in relationship development and management by directing all internal and external stakeholders involved in order to ensure the advancement of the relationship.
- Summarize and communicate follow-ups and next steps for every partnership engagement.
Required Skills, Experiences and Competencies
A minimum of 5 years of experience in increasingly successful account management positions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, CRM and Sales Reporting tools.
- Possesses a high level of comfort working with complex situations where numerous sources of information must be integrated and interpreted
- Has the ability to build trusting relationships with customers and internal staff and then to maintain and deepen those relationships within partnering institutions.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate at different levels within organizations.
- Proven ability to work independently and to coordinate with peers and superiors
- Ability to travel as may be required within or outside the assigned territory region.