Location: Woburn, MA
The Associate Manager of Operations is responsible for executing operational priorities for the continued success of programs with our college and university partners. S/he focuses on leading the execution of operational tactics and activities, along with providing support for strategic business priorities. The Associate Operations Manager of Operations will need to be diligent, intellectually curious, good at constructive problem solving with internal and external personnel, and able to relate day-to-day activities to broader program goals, and must share Focus Edusolutions’ passion for transforming higher education, and creating great outcomes for students and our college and university partners.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
Process Development and Improvement
Think critically about current processes, systems, and relationships and mitigate issues as they arise
Manage and create workflow, processes, and documentation between systems and groups
Document and maintain records to ensure process/systems are transparent, transferable and long-term
- Assist management in defining project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with the team – update and adapt to changes as needed
- Prioritize requests and escalate as required to senior management
- Identify and troubleshoot problem areas
- Conduct project post mortems and creating recommendation reports
- Provide administrative support to the Focus EduSolutions’ program team managing multi-stage projects, drafting process documentation, helping resolve open issues, and responding to college and university requests
- Effectively manage appropriate relationships and projects both within Focus EduSolution and with the school to ensure the overall success of the program
- Effectively communicate all relevant information to various stakeholders within Focus EduSolution and with the college/university.
- Understand complex programs, processes, and organizational structures and be able to function effectively within them
Reporting, Budgeting & Revenue/Invoice Reconciliation
- Perform data analysis and compilation for tracking and reporting purposes
- Compile various reports, PPT’s and other materials for reporting program information to various stakeholders
- Collaborate with management to maintain regular oversight of budgets and ensure spending within targets
- Provide administrative leadership in the tracking of program budgets, including but not limited to reconciliation and reporting
- Create and manage collaboration software.
- Ensure capture of key program events, decisions, and outcomes in programs’ knowledge management system
- Handle additional operational and administrative tasks as needed
Things that should be in your background
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4-6 years of experience, with roles including data analysis, operations, or project management
- Strong project management skills essential
- Strong analytical, particularly quantitative skills
Excellent computer skills, coupled with the ability to quickly learn new software suites and functionality
Other attributes that will help you in this role
- Ability to execute work based on a combination of broad guidance with some explicit instructions
- Ability to constructively problem solve
- Ability to plan and complete multi-stage projects
- Ability to work autonomously to achieve defined project/program goals
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external people
- Ability to communicate clearly in written and spoken communications with internal and external partners.
- Strong attention to detail, adherence to deadlines and excellent follow through
Focus Edusolutions is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Focus EduSolutions’ equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.