Focus EduVation seeks Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in the fields of General Education, Business Administration (Undergraduate and Graduate), Business Administration with Health Care, and Accounting, to join our innovative and expanding team.
The Subject Matter Expert’s involvement in a project will be variable based on the project schedule and required workload and the availability. The project is a collaborative effort that includes the design of learning content, assessments, and other additional resources. You must have a minimum of a Master’s degree and three years of work experience in a related field. A terminal degree and work experience in a related field are preferred. Higher education teaching experience, as well as previous experience in developing online courses for students, would be preferred.
- Master’s Degree required, Ph.D. preferred
- 3-5 years curriculum development experience required
- 3-5 years higher education level teaching background preferred
- Quality Matters training is preferred
FACHE designation, as well as experience with AUPHA or other applicable accrediting body, are also preferred (Health Care Administration Courses Only)
The SME assignments are contract positions that are part-time, temporary or on an as-needed basis only. The SME is a remote project-based, 1099 contractor position.
Expectations from Subject Matter Experts
Skills and competencies
- Subject Matter Experts are expected to be reliable and committed to the project from start to completion.
- Ability to design and develop high-quality learning content, assessments, and modules based on specific project guidelines.
- Available to meet weekly with our Curriculum and Instruction team during the design and development stages.
- Ability to meet specific due dates and deadlines and communicate on a frequent (sometimes daily basis).
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to effectively and proactively communicate any challenges, issues, questions or risks of the project.
- Ability to effectively utilize Google Suite, Slack, and other technologies, as determined.
- Training will be imparted by us to explain the overall development workflow.
Subject Matter Expert Assignments: On Course Development
- Audit of existing course and assignments using provided rubric to evaluate material and to make sure new lectures properly scaffold material.
- Create content to be processed by Instructional designers into interactive lectures, simulations, online interactive labs, animated videos, quizzes, exams as well as course-wise and summative assessments;
- Create rubrics for discussions, assignments, projects, research paper and case studies
- Content has to be original in presentation, not from and open source, and not infringe on any copyright.
- of existing content, storyboards prepared by the Instructional Designers
- of HTML output and provide appropriate guidance
- All material must conform to learning objectives and be mapped to them for final review of course materials.