The Subject Matter Expert involvement in a project will be variable based on the project schedule and required workload and the availability. The project is a collaborative effort that includes the design of learning content, assessments, and other additional learning resources. You must have a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Digital Learning or Instructional Design with specialization in Digital Learning and three years of work experience related to Digital Learning. A terminal degree and work experience in the subject or a related field is preferred. Higher education teaching experience, as well as previous experience in developing online courses for students, would be preferred.
- Master’s Degree required, Ph.D. preferred
- 3-5 years curriculum development experience required
- 3-5 years higher education level teaching background preferred
- Quality Matters training is preferred
The SME assignments are contract positions that are part-time, temporary or on an as-needed basis only. The SME is a remote project-based, 1099 contractor position.
Expectations from Subject Matter Experts
Subject Matter Expert Assignments: Online Course Development
- Audit of existing course and assignments using provided rubric to evaluate material and to make sure new lectures properly scaffold material.
- Content Creation:
- Subject topics to include:
- history, techniques, and technologies of higher education in the digital world
- best practices and emerging trends in online learning and instruction
- digital information and experiences
- practical approaches to both the delivery and synthesis of online information and materials, and the tools with which they are delivered
- Ensure the created content can be processed by Instructional designers into interactive lectures, simulations, online interactive labs, animated videos, quizzes, exams as well as course-wise and summative assessments
- Content has to be original in presentation, however, open source content can be used as well, and not infringe on any copyright
- Create rubrics for discussions, assignments, projects, research paper, and case studies
- Reviews of existing content, storyboards prepared by the Instructional Designers
- All material must conform to learning objectives and be mapped to them for final review of course materials.
- Creation of assignments will also be required
Skills and Competencies
- Subject Matter Experts are expected to be reliable and committed to the project from start to completion.
- Ability to design and develop high-quality learning content, assessments, and modules based on specific project guidelines.
- Available to meet weekly with our Curriculum and Instruction team during the design and development stages.
- Ability to meet specific due dates and deadlines and communicate on a frequent (sometimes daily basis).
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to effectively and proactively communicate any challenges, issues, questions or risks of the project.
- Ability to effectively utilize Google Suite, Slack, and other technologies, as determined.
- Training will be imparted by us to explain the overall development workflow.
Job Type: Contract
To apply click here