Location: Woburn, MA
The Admissions Counselor is responsible for generating sales revenue by matching students to online program offerings. Admissions Counselors will prioritize a high volume of qualified leads, generated through a combination of the website, referrals, live chat, and telephone, to achieve personal and team metrics. The Admissions Counselor consults with prospective students ranging from course descriptions and instructors to financing, and enrollment, keeping the student experience forefront throughout. Successful Admissions Counselors are effective at asking appropriate, probing questions, overcoming objections, and effective management of time, including being voice-to-voice whenever possible.
In this position, you will pioneer transforming the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
We bring our “A” game, unique talents and point of view to the table every day. We are curious and comfortable with change and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, everything we do, we do for the learner.
As an Admissions Counselor, you will ensure the highest quality student experience from an individual’s first contact with the school through his or her initial enrollment by leveraging our processes and infrastructure. You will:
- Generate student enrollment by contacting prospective students, advising them on how the school can meet their educational and career needs and guide qualified applicants through the admissions and enrollment process.
- Complete all required reports regarding sales and sales campaigns, market feedback and team territory management activities.
- Maximize your sales conversations using a proven sales methodology and time management techniques.
- Manage your pipeline to meet/exceed all assigned revenue and enrollment objectives.
- Work as a member of a team and contribute to a team enrollment goal by converting new prospects, leads and applicants into registered students through frequent phone, email, text and mail correspondence
- Build relationships with students and determine the correct program fit for students’ career and personal goals and follow them through the registration process
- Participate in information sessions, workshops, and community outreach events when appropriate to promote awareness of partner institutions
- Ability to work on a registration deadline, meet required enrollment goals and use a consultative sales approach to recruit students
- Minimum 1 years’ sales experience, where your compensation was directly affected by the achievement of goals. i.e. commissioned sales plan
- Online experience and proficiency; able to navigate sites and applications; technically literate
- Ability to work beyond conventional business hours to complete assignments as required
- Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team.
- Should have an understanding of programs offered at other colleges in the area.
- Attend team meetings and keep accurate records on the progress of all applicants.
- Must be culturally competent
- Spanish speaking encouraged to apply
- Demonstrable success in telephone sales
- Experience in a call center
- Four-year degree
- Higher Education Admissions Experience
About Focus EduSolutions
Focus EduSolutions is an Online Program Management Company, located in Woburn, MA. that works in collaboration with our partners in higher education to take existing instructional content and transform it into engaging online degree programs. Our portfolio of services includes, but not limited to the design and development of competency-based online courses, strategic market research, enrollment management, and retention services. Our services are tailored to the needs of our partners and supported by a process of continuous improvement resulting in better student engagement leading to a higher level of student retention.